5 Day Self Guided Tour
Lesotho- Alps of Africa Tour
5 Day ride through Lesotho- The ALPS of Africa
This exciting tour takes in the best roads in Lesotho.
On Day one you will make your way to Afriski Resort in Lesotho- in Winter time this is Lesotho’s premiere ski resort but in Summer time it is Motorcycle Paradise.
Next up, you ride more turns within 80km than any other road in Africa and spend the night overlooking the breathtaking Katse Dam.
From here you meander through more exciting tar mountain Passes to Semonkong Lodge. This African lodge is a major highlight. Here you will get to experience the real “Sotho” Way of life.
Next up you ride back in South Africa and sleep in the Artist Village of Clarens, surrounded by Golden Sandstone cliffs and then enjoy a last ride through Golden Gate National Park on your way back to Pretoria on day 5.
Get Ready for the two wheel time of your life!
Day 1: Pretoria to Afri Ski Lodge, Lesotho
Ride into the mountainous kingdom of Lesotho- sleep at Africa's premiere ski lodge. (+-455km)
Day 2: Afri-Ski Lodge to Katse Dam
Ride more turns within 80km than any other road in Africa. Sleep overlooking Katse Dam (+-200km)
Day 3: Katse Dam to Semonkong
Ride countless mountain passes. Immerse yourself in luxurious african culture at Semonkong. (+-320km)
Day 4: Semonkong to Clarens (+-279km)
Ride back into South Africa and sleep in Clarens- an arty village surrounded by Golden Sandstone Cliffs
Day 5: Clarens to Pretoria (+-455km)
Ride Golden Gate National park to see more sandstone formations before making your way back to Pretoria
- Riding 1up sharing on an F700GS: ZAR 13,180
- Riding 1up sharing on an F800GS: ZAR 13,840
- Riding 1up sharing on an R1200GS: ZAR 16,000
- Riding 1up sharing on an R1200GS ADV: ZAR 17,560
- To bring a pillion, add: ZAR 4,760
- For Single supplement, add: ZAR 1,970
- Prices quoted in South African Currency- ZAR.
Understanding the pricing:
All prices are quoted per motorcycle based on riding 1 up and sharing accommodation. If you would like to bring a passenger add the "Pillion price" to the base price OR if you would like your own room, add the "Single Supplement price" to the base price to get your total.
Prices are quoted on a per person basis in South African Currency (ZAR). For up to date exchange rates, please visit www.xe.com
- 5 Days Motorcycle Rental
- 4 Night Accomodation in 3-4 Star Lodges
- 4 Breakfasts
- Side Panniers for Luggage
- GPS fully loaded with route maps
- 24 Hour Back up suppourt
- Spot Tracker Rental (Optional)
- Guide Book
- Map of South Africa
- Free Transfers from the Johannesburg International Airport
- The most amazing motorcycle adventure you have ever had
- All Taxes
Price does not include
- Petrol and toll fees
- Tour Guide
- Back Up vehicle
- Local and International Flights
- Items of a personal nature
- Activities and meals not listed in "Tour Includes"
PICTURES OF THIS TOUR
TOUR INFO AT A GLANCE
Choose your own- Self Guided Tour
Pretoria (Fly into Johannesburg)
200- 550km (Avg of 300km)
South Africa and Lesotho
99% Tar, Gravel roads optional